Alert Level 1 — Prepare
The disease is contained in New Zealand.
- COVID-19 is uncontrolled overseas.
- Isolated household transmission could be occurring in New Zealand.
Range of measures that can be applied locally or nationally
- Border entry measures to minimise risk of importing COVID-19 cases.
- Intensive testing for COVID-19
- Rapid contact tracing of any positive case.
- Self-isolation and quarantine required.
- Schools and workplaces open, and must operate safely.
- No restrictions on personal movement but people are encouraged to maintain a record of where they have been.
- No restrictions on gatherings but organisers encouraged to maintain records to enable contact tracing.
- Stay home if you’re sick, report flu-like symptoms.
- Wash and dry your hands, cough into your elbow, don’t touch your face.
- No restrictions on domestic transport — avoid public transport or travel if you're sick.
- No restrictions on workplaces or services but they are encouraged to maintain records to enable contact tracing.